RIM and a variety of mobile carriers have begun announcing the feature set and availability of the new Blackberry Bold 9700. This device which has been code named Onyx in the press all year long is the latest in the Blackberry Bold lineup. Here are a few key stats:
- 3.2 megapixel camera
- An upgraded display
- Ability to record video
- 4.3″x2.4″ and .6″ in thickness
- Removal of the trackball in place of a track pad
- Fast 624Mhz processor
- Networks: 900/1700/2100/800/850/1900/2100MHz (3G)
- Blackberry OS 5.0
- Media player for video
- Continued BES support
- Battery with 6 hours talk time and 17 days of standby
- Background noise suppression
- 256 MB Flash memory
This phone will be available from AT&T and T-Mobile in November. AT&T is offering it at $199 after a mail in rebate. Pricing for T-Mobile is still coming although expect a similar deal.
As always the ringtones pre-installed with this device are not great and will need to be upgraded with a Business Ringtone collection.