Different models of the Palm Treo such as the Treo 600/650/680/700p use MIDI and/or WAV files as ringtones. If you want to create a ringtone of your own, you should save it as a MIDI file or a WAV file. Once converted you will need to move the files to the SD card to put ringtones on the Palm Treo.
If you decide to use a MIDI formatted ringtone on the Palm Treo it is important to remember that the ringtone file cannot exceed 64kb. This limitation doesn’t apply to the WAV files so we recommend this as a better Palm Treo ringtone option. Not only do you not have size restrictions but the audio quality will be much higher.
An easier approach to ringtone installation is to purchase a package that is already configured and ready to go for the Treo. We recommend our business professional ringtone collection, the Executive Package which comes with WAV files ready to be installed on the Treo.
If you would like to change your Palm Treo ringtone, you can do so by following these steps:
- Move the files to your Treo with the PC software or by moving the files to your SD card.
- Press the applications launcher.
- Select the Prefs application and wait for it to launch.
- You’ll see a General heading tab, from there; select the Sounds and Alerts option.
- Once the Sounds and Alerts option launched, you’ll see the screen for the preferences. Select the option where you can change your ringtone then select from the list of ringtones that you have.